Rays vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 24
The Tampa Bay Rays (95-61) host the Toronto Blue Jays (86-69) at 1:10 PM ET on Sunday, with both teams hoping to win the series.
The Rays will give the nod to Taj Bradley (5-7) versus the Blue Jays and Yusei Kikuchi (10-6).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rays vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Time: 1:10 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Bradley - TB (5-7, 5.27 ERA) vs Kikuchi - TOR (10-6, 3.74 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Rays vs Blue Jays|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Odds|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Prediction|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Taj Bradley
- The Rays will send Bradley (5-7) to the mound for his 21st start this season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw five innings against the Los Angeles Angels, giving up one earned run while allowing three hits.
- The 22-year-old has pitched in 20 games this season with a 5.27 ERA and 11.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .249.
- In 20 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in one of them.
- Bradley has started 20 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 13 times. He averages 4.8 innings per appearance.
- He has finished two appearances without allowing an earned run in 20 chances this season.
Taj Bradley vs. Blue Jays
- The Blue Jays have scored 707 runs this season, which ranks 16th in MLB. They have 1357 hits, eighth in baseball, with 176 home runs (18th in the league).
- The Blue Jays have gone 9-for-21 with a double, a home run and four RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Yusei Kikuchi
- Kikuchi makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 31st of the season. He is 10-6 with a 3.74 ERA and 170 strikeouts in 158 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty's most recent time out came on Tuesday against the New York Yankees, when he went five innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- In 30 games this season, the 32-year-old has an ERA of 3.74, with 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .248 against him.
- Kikuchi is trying to pick up his 10th quality start of the year in this game.
- Kikuchi will look to pitch five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He's averaging 5.3 innings per outing.
- In four of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
- This season, the 32-year-old ranks 24th in ERA (3.74), 28th in WHIP (1.242), and 15th in K/9 (9.6) among qualifying pitchers.
Yusei Kikuchi vs. Rays
- The opposing Rays offense has the fourth-ranked slugging percentage (.443) and ranks fourth in home runs hit (221) in all of MLB. They have a collective .258 batting average, and are sixth in the league with 1362 total hits and fourth in MLB play scoring 818 runs.
- Kikuchi has thrown 11 innings, giving up six earned runs on 12 hits while striking out 14 against the Rays this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.