Rays vs. Angels Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 21
The Tampa Bay Rays (93-60) and Los Angeles Angels (69-83) play on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET at Tropicana Field, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The probable starters are Zach Eflin (15-8) for the Rays and Griffin Canning (7-7) for the Angels.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rays vs. Angels Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Time: 1:10 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Eflin - TB (15-8, 3.44 ERA) vs Canning - LAA (7-7, 4.42 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Angels Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Rays vs Angels|
|Rays vs Angels Odds|
|Rays vs Angels Prediction|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zach Eflin
- The Rays will send Eflin (15-8) to the mound for his 30th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed one hit in seven innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Friday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 3.44 ERA this season with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.2 walks per nine across 29 games.
- In 29 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 17 of them.
- Eflin will look to finish five or more innings for the seventh start in a row.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 29 chances this season.
Zach Eflin vs. Angels
- The Angels have scored 700 runs this season, which ranks 15th in MLB. They are batting .245 for the campaign with 220 home runs, third in the league.
- The Angels have gone 4-for-22 with a home run and an RBI in six innings this season against the right-hander.
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Griffin Canning
- Canning (7-7) takes the mound first for the Angels in his 21st start of the season. He has a 4.42 ERA in 116 2/3 innings pitched, with 127 strikeouts.
- In his most recent outing on Saturday against the Detroit Tigers, the right-hander went six innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.42, with 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 22 games this season. Opponents are batting .250 against him.
- Canning has recorded seven quality starts this season.
- Canning will try to extend a five-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.3 innings per appearance).
- In two of his 22 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Griffin Canning vs. Rays
- He meets a Rays offense that ranks fourth in the league with 804 total runs scored while batting .258 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .443 slugging percentage (fourth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 217 home runs (fifth in the league).
- Canning has thrown 3 1/3 innings, giving up one earned run on two hits while striking out five against the Rays this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.