Rays vs. Angels Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 19
The Los Angeles Angels (68-82) hope to end their five-game losing run against the Tampa Bay Rays (92-59), at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Rays will send Taj Bradley (5-7) to the mound, while Patrick Sandoval (7-13) will take the ball for the Angels.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rays vs. Angels Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSSUN
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Bradley - TB (5-7, 5.46 ERA) vs Sandoval - LAA (7-13, 4.68 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Angels Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Angels Prediction|
|How to Watch Rays vs Angels|
|Rays vs Angels Odds|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Taj Bradley
- The Rays will hand the ball to Bradley (5-7) for his 20th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 22-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with a 5.46 ERA and 11.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .253.
- In 19 starts this season, he's earned one quality start.
- Bradley has 12 starts of five or more innings this season in 19 chances. He averages 4.7 innings per outing.
- He has two appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 19 chances this season.
Angels Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Patrick Sandoval
- Sandoval (7-13) gets the starting nod for the Angels in his 27th start of the season. He has a 4.68 ERA in 136 2/3 innings pitched, with 119 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the left-hander tossed five innings against the Seattle Mariners, allowing five earned runs while surrendering 10 hits.
- Over 26 games this season, the 26-year-old has a 4.68 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .262 to his opponents.
- Sandoval has eight quality starts under his belt this year.
- Sandoval will look to prolong a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.2 frames per outing).
- In two of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
Patrick Sandoval vs. Rays
- The opposing Rays offense has the fourth-ranked slugging percentage (.444) and ranks third in home runs hit (216) in all of MLB. They have a collective .258 batting average, and are eighth in the league with 1316 total hits and fourth in MLB action scoring 795 runs.
- In 4 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Rays this season, Sandoval has a 3.86 ERA and a 2.143 WHIP while his opponents are batting .333.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.