Rays vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 29
The Tampa Bay Rays (39-16) visit the Chicago Cubs (22-30) to open a three-game series at Wrigley Field, with first pitch at 2:20 PM ET on Monday. The Rays are on the back of a series victory over the Dodgers, and the Cubs a series loss to the Reds.
The Rays will give the nod to Taj Bradley (3-1) against the Cubs and Marcus Stroman (4-4).
Rays vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Bradley - TB (3-1, 4.44 ERA) vs Stroman - CHC (4-4, 2.95 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Cubs Player Props|
|Rays vs Cubs Odds|
|Rays vs Cubs Prediction|
|How to Watch Rays vs Cubs|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Taj Bradley
- Bradley (3-1) will take the mound for the Rays, his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw four innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up four earned runs while allowing nine hits.
- The 22-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 4.44, an 8.5 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.151.
- None of Bradley's five starts this season have met the criteria for a quality start.
- Bradley has four starts of five or more innings this season in five chances. He averages 4.8 innings per outing.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Marcus Stroman
- The Cubs will send Stroman (4-4) to make his 12th start of the season. He is 4-4 with a 2.95 ERA and 54 strikeouts through 64 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's most recent appearance came on Wednesday against the New York Mets, when he threw eight innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 2.95, with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings in 11 games this season. Opposing batters have a .205 batting average against him.
- Stroman is trying to prolong a second-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Stroman is looking for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.8 innings per start.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 32-year-old's 2.95 ERA ranks 14th, 1.094 WHIP ranks 18th, and 7.6 K/9 ranks 51st.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.