Rays vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
Yandy Diaz leads the Tampa Bay Rays (35-15) into a matchup against Bo Bichette and the Toronto Blue Jays (26-23) at Tropicana Field, on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. Diaz is at .322, the sixth-best average in the league, while Bichette ranks fifth at .324.
The probable pitchers are Shane McClanahan (7-0) for the Rays and Yusei Kikuchi (5-1) for the Blue Jays.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Rays vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSSUN
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: McClanahan - TB (7-0, 2.05 ERA) vs Kikuchi - TOR (5-1, 4.08 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Player Props|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Prediction|
|How to Watch Rays vs Blue Jays|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Odds|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Shane McClanahan
- The Rays will send McClanahan (7-0) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Friday, when he allowed six hits in seven scoreless innings against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 10 games this season with an ERA of 2.05, a 2.72 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.193.
- He has started 10 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in seven of them.
- In 10 starts this season, McClanahan has lasted five or more innings nine times, with an average of 5.7 innings per appearance.
Shane McClanahan vs. Blue Jays
- The Blue Jays are batting .266 this season, third in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .421 (11th in the league) with 56 home runs.
- The Blue Jays have gone 4-for-22 with two doubles and an RBI in six innings this season against the left-hander.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Yusei Kikuchi
- Kikuchi (5-1 with a 4.08 ERA and 43 strikeouts in 46 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 10th of the season.
- His most recent time out came on Friday against the Baltimore Orioles, when the left-hander threw 4 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 31-year-old has put together a 4.08 ERA and 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings across nine games this season, while giving up a batting average of .269 to opposing hitters.
- Kikuchi is trying to collect his fourth quality start of the year in this game.
- Kikuchi has put up five starts this campaign where he pitched five or more innings.
Yusei Kikuchi vs. Rays
- He meets a Rays offense that ranks second in the league with 297 total runs scored while batting .269 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .499 slugging percentage (first in MLB action) and has hit a total of 95 home runs (first in the league).
- Head-to-head against the Rays this season, Kikuchi has thrown six innings, giving up one earned run on four hits while striking out nine.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.