Rays vs. Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 22
Published: May. 22, 2023 at 12:09 PM EDT|Updated: May. 22, 2023 at 6:08 PM EDT
The Toronto Blue Jays (25-22) visit the Tampa Bay Rays (34-14) in AL East action, at 6:40 PM ET on Monday.
The probable starters are Trevor Kelley (0-1) for the Rays and Chris Bassitt (5-2) for the Blue Jays.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Rays vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSSUN
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Kelley - TB (0-1, 7.50 ERA) vs Bassitt - TOR (5-2, 3.05 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Rays Injury Report|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Player Props|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Prediction|
|How to Watch Rays vs Blue Jays|
|Rays vs Blue Jays Odds|
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Trevor Kelley
- Kelley heads to the mound for the Rays to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Thursday, when he threw one scoreless inning while allowing one hit to the New York Mets.
- He has pitched in four games this season with an ERA of 7.50, a 1 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.333.
Trevor Kelley vs. Blue Jays
- The Blue Jays have scored 214 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .257 for the campaign with 50 home runs, 18th in the league.
- The right-hander has faced the Blue Jays one time this season, allowing them to go 2-for-8 with a double and two RBI in two innings.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt makes the start for the Blue Jays, his 10th of the season. He is 5-2 with a 3.05 ERA and 48 strikeouts in 56 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty's last time out was on Wednesday against the New York Yankees, when he went seven scoreless innings while allowing three hits.
- The 34-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.05, with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opponents are hitting .171 against him.
- Bassitt is trying for his fourth straight quality start.
- Bassitt will aim to last five or more innings for his ninth straight start. He's averaging 6.2 innings per outing.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 34-year-old's 3.05 ERA ranks 21st, 1.000 WHIP ranks 11th, and 7.7 K/9 ranks 49th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.