SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) - Walmart and Sam’s Clubs across Florida will hold walk-up vaccine clinics for customers and employees.
The company is also rolling out new programs to encourage people to get vaccinated and to help increase access across the country.
“Now that supply and eligibility have expanded, it’s even more important for us to reach underserved and vulnerable populations to ensure equitable distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine,” said Dr. Cheryl Pegus, Walmart’s executive vice president of Health & Wellness. “Widespread vaccination is the only way we will eventually end the pandemic and help our country reopen, and we don’t want anyone to get left behind as we enter this new chapter in our fight against COVID-19.”
The following locations in Sarasota County are administering the vaccine:
- Walmart: 3500 N Tamiami Trail in Sarasota
- Sam’s Club: 300 N Cattlemen Rd. in Sarasota
- Walmart: 3560 Bee Ridge Rd. in Sarasota
- Walmart: 4381 Cattlemen Rd. in Sarasota
- Walmart: 5401 Palmer Crossing Circle in Sarasota
- Walmart: 13140 S Tamiami Trail in Osprey
- Walmart: 4150 S Tamiami Trail in Venice
- Walmart: 1100 S Main St. in North Port
- Walmart: 17000 Tamiami Trail in North Port
The following locations in Manatee County are administering the vaccine:
- Walmart: 8320 Lockwood Ridge Rd. in Sarasota
- Walmart: 5315 Cortez Rd. W in Bradenton
- Walmart: 2911 53rd Ave. E in Braden River
- Walmart: 4536 53rd Ave. E in Bradenton
- Walmart: 508 10th St. E in Palmetto
- Walmart: 6225 E State Rd. 64 in Bradenton
- Walmart: 5810 Ranch Lake Blvd. in Bradenton
For more information on the vaccine clinics, click here.