First Alert Weather: Warm and humid today before a Friday cold front

First Alert Weather: Warm and humid today before a Friday cold front
John Scalzi with First Alert Weather

SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) - Clouds and a misty horizon will greet you on the way to work this morning. However, the sun will move out this afternoon.

It will be a warm day as winds have shifted to the southeast. This has increased moisture and brought light patchy fog with warm morning temperatures. In fact, the morning low temperatures will match our normal daytime high temperatures for February.

Expect a partly sunny afternoon with highs today in the low 80s near the coast and mid-80s inland.

WWSB am wx

Tomorrow a cold front will approach by mid-morning and bring a good chance for showers and possibly a thunderstorm. The rain chances will come in two waves. The first wave, in mid-morning will have about a 60% chance, and the second, closer to evening drive-time, about a 40% chance. Once the rains end the winds will shift and pick up speed. Cooler air will move in and Friday night lows will dip into the 40′s. Saturday will be chilly with a breezy wind and temperatures in the mid to upper 60′s. We will have plenty of weekend sunshine and warm Sunday to the mid 70′s.

Copyright 2021 WWSB. All rights reserved.