MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WWSB) – Manatee County will be launching a new online vaccine portal to serve its residents.
The site will include a new pre-registration pool process. Seniors ages 65 and older can register for the waiting list beginning Thusday night at 10 p.m. by visiting vax.mymanatee.org.
Seniors may also book an appointment by calling 311 weekdays from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., beginning Friday, Jan. 8. Online registration will be available anytime tonight after 10 p.m. Regardless of how seniors sign up, there is no deadline to join the pool. Seniors ages 65 and older can join the standby pool one of two ways:
- Online: Beginning tonight at 10 p.m., up to two people at a time can join the standby pool by filling out an online form available at vax.mymanatee.org
- By phone: Tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 8 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. seniors ages 65 and older can dial the County’s 311 Call Center to ask for help joining the vaccine standby pool. 311 Call Center operators can assist from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each weekday.
All vaccines are FREE to the public. Watch out for scammers who will demand payment.
Over time the list of names in the standby pool will grow. Whenever a new shipment of vaccines arrives, the same number of names will be pulled through randomized selection. 311 reps will use those names to call pre-registered seniors and help them book an appointment. On the day of the appointment, seniors will take to their appointment the following:
- An email receipt or unique number they receive from the 311 Call Center;
- A Department of Health consent form available at www.mymanatee.org/vaccine (311 callers can assist with the form for those without internet access);
- A valid ID showing age 65 or older.
Seniors without internet access will now have the same ability to receive an appointment. Those with internet access can register anytime on any day. Also, there will no longer be a race to book appointments online. The new registration pool is open ended, and anyone who wants to enroll can do so online or by calling 311.