SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) At 3:30 p.,m. Eta remains a Tropical Storm. The storm will still cause flooding and heavy rainfall in the Suncoast.
Florida Power & Light are currently working to restore electricity to residents who have lost power.
Dangerous winds and storm surges are still expected. The storm continues to weaken as it heads toward the shore. The latest update showed sustained maximum winds of 70 MPH. Flood warnings remain in effect for most of Manatee County and Sarasota County.
There are still watches and warnings in effect.
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for...
* Bonita Beach to Suwanee River Florida, including Tampa Bay and Charlotte Harbor
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* Anna Maria Island to Yankeetown
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* Dry Tortugas
* Bonita Beach to Suwannee River Florida
A Storm Surge Watch is in effect for...
* Steinhatchee River to Suwannee River Florida
A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for...
* North of the Suwannee River to Aucilla River Florida
A Hurricane Watch means that hurricane conditions are possible
within the watch area, in this case within 24 hours.