SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) - After a week of work repairing wave damage, North Casey Key Road has re-opened to traffic in the 700-block.
The county has released a detailed list of repairs that were made to the road:
- June 17: The northbound lane was paved and restored for vehicle traffic, two-lane traffic reopened.
- June 16: The southbound lane was paved and restored for vehicular traffic; one-lane traffic remained.
- June 15: PW staff discovered a new void in the southbound lane just north of the pre-existing repair area and was filled will flowable fill.
- June 12: PW staff worked toward restoring the original height of the original roadway, and strengthen the area by adding a final layer of flowable fill.
- June 11: PW staff fully restored emergency services and residential vehicular access and completed shoreline re-stabilization with rubble rip rap and grout fill behind.
Weather conditions have significantly improved but please continue to use caution.