SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) - Barbershops, hair salons and nail salons can now reopen.
There are plenty of restrictions listed below in this article. Several salons on the Suncoast plan to spend at least the first part of this week making appointments and safety adjustments before letting patrons back in. You will want to call ahead to your favorite location to make an appointment and check individual location hours and reopening day.
Gov. Ron DeSantis tweeted a video of his friend, J Henry making the announcement. Henry owns a barbershop in downtown Orlando. Stylists will utilize “enhanced” safety precautions and space appointments out to keep clientele safe.
DeSantis has joked about not being able to get a haircut in recent press conferences.
On Saturday, DeSantis issued an executive order that listed all of the mandatory restrictions that barbershops, hair salons, and nail salons must now follow until further notice. Those restrictions are the following:
- All customers will be by appointment only.
- Allow at least 15 minutes between the conclusion of an appointment and the beginning of the next appointment for proper disinfecting practices.
- No group appointments are permitted.
- Masks must be worn by all employees while performing personal services.
These restrictions will go into effect on Monday and DeSantis also encourages the following steps to be taken by the owners of these types of businesses.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect prior to reopening.
- Make sure to disinfect all surfaces, tools, and linens, even if they were cleaned before you originally closed. This type of cleaning should continue between each day of operation.
- Consider providing unworn masks to clients for use during their appointment.
- Remove all unnecessary, frequently touched items like magazines, newspapers, service menus, and any other unnecessary paper products and decor from customer service areas.