Victim burned after stove explosion in North Port

Victim burned after stove explosion in North Port
Authorities say the victim was trying to light the pilot light on a stove in a home on the 6000 block of Amoko Court when there was an explosion. It’s unclear if the stove had a mechanical problem or it was human error. (Source: North Port Police)

NORTH PORT, Fla. (WWSB) - One person has suffered burns after a small explosion at a home in North Port.

Authorities say the victim was trying to light the pilot light on a stove in a home on the 6000 block of Amoko Court when there was an explosion. It’s unclear if the stove had a mechanical problem or it was human error.

A victim suffered burns and Bayflite was called to transport them to the hospital.

The fire the explosion sparked has already been extinguished and was limited to the home. Authorities want to remind everyone that it your pilot light on your stove goes out, many gas companies are willing to come out to re-light it for their customers.

There is no word on the extent of the victim’s injuries.

Copyright 2019 WWSB. All rights reserved.