Advertisement

Deputies identify couple who died from possible carbon monoxide poisoning in Sarasota

Updated: May. 10, 2019 at 3:12 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SARASOTA (WWSB) - The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office has identified an elderly couple who died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a home on Bouchard Circle in Sarasota.

James Livingston, 88, and his wife, Sharon, 81, were found dead in their home Friday morning by first responders. The entire home had elevated levels of carbon monoxide, forcing fire crews to wear masks and respirators to navigate the home and to open all of the windows to vent the deadly, odorless gas.

The sheriff’s office says their preliminary investigation finds that this was an accidental death, but their investigation remains active and ongoing.

The Medical Examiner’s Office will determine an official cause of death in the coming days.

Copyright 2019 WWSB. All rights reserved.