SARASOTA (WWSB) - Veal Lollipops
Rack of Veal Cut with Veal Stock Demi Glaze
Recipe by Chef Paolo Dicostanzo
· 1 rack of veal
· 1 cup celery
· 1 cup carrot
· 1 cup onion
· 1 cup garlic
· 1 cup rosemary
· 1 cup sage
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 cup red wine
· 3 cups veal stock
1. Clean rack of veal and remove the extra fat.
2. Pan sear the celery, carrots, onion, garlic, rosemary, and sage until slightly cooked.
3. Add the red wine to the vegetables and herbs until it is evaporated
4. Add the veal stock to the vegetables and herbs and bring to a boil.
5. Let the veal stock simmer for 2 hours.
6. While letting the veal stock simmer, dip the veal lightly in flour and pan sear it.
7. Once the veal is cooked to the desired temperature (suggested temperature is Medium Rare to Medium), add the veal stock demi glaze on top of the veal.