- 2 Salmon Filet (8-10oz)
- 1/4 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- ½ Cup sliced Zucchini & Yellow squash (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Crumbled Feta
- 3 Cups of cooked orzo pasta (al dente)
- 1 Cup tightly packed fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Table spoon chopped dill.
- ½ Cup white wine.
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream (Optional)
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Lemon Dill Sauce (Optional)
- 6 Tbsp. Olive Oil or Sunflower Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped fresh dill
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- Salt & Pepper
- Place salmon filet on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Place on a hot skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side to get a nice outer crust.
- If the salmon filet need more time to cook, place the same skillet in a 400 degrees preheated oven to finish cooking 3-5 minutes for a medium to medium well.
For the Orzo risotto:
- Cook the orzo based on the cooking instructions. Save some of the water to use later in the risotto.
- In hot pan drizzle olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Sweat the onion and garlic for about 1 minute, and then add the tomatoes, zucchini and squash. Sautee for about another minute, stirring and making sure the onion and garlic does not burn.
- Add the white wine and ½ cup of the Orzo water then add the orzo, heavy cream and feta. Lower the heat and cook slower until everything comes together. Add the spinach, lemon juice and parmesan cheese and cook until spinach is wilted, or until the orzo risotto is sticking together. Add the fresh dill in the end and mix. If the risotto is dry, add a little pasta water.
- Serve together with salmon and drizzle with Lemon dill sauce.