SARASOTA, Fl (WWSB) -
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 poblano, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium rib celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- Kosher salt, fresh black pepper, ground
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 TBSP, tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1. 1/2 cups whole milk or half and half
- 2 medium red potatoes washed and cut into chunks
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- Dahs hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1 container jumbo lump crab meat
In a large Dutch oven, melt butter. Add onion,poblano, carrot, celery, coriander, cumin, thyme and seasoning. Sauté until translucent.sprinkle flour over vegetables. Stir constantly for 30 seconds .
Stir in tomato paste, add broth and milk, then red potatoes. Simmer over medium low heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Slightly mash the cooked red potatoes and Gently stir in jumbo lump crab.
Add fresh lemon juice and season with a dash of hot sauce or cayenne. Adjust salt and pepper and serve with crusty bread and light butter lettuce salad.