SARASOTA,Fl (WWSB) - Drive sober or get pulled over that’s what the North Port Police Department wrote in a release.
On New Years Eve around 9:47 p.m. a driver was suspected of DUI, Fled from officers leading them on a high-speed chase which ultimately ended in the suspect crashing into power pole on Chamberlain Boulevard in Port Charlotte, according to North Port Police.
Police say the driver then fled on foot and after a short foot chase, was subdued with a Taser and arrested.
There were no reported injuries and the only damage sustained was to the vehicle being driven by the offender and the power pole she hit.
Police say a search of the vehicle and driver also revealed a trafficking amount of cocaine and a large amount of cash.
The driver faced six charges listed below:
- Count 1: Flee/elude police: flee w disregard of safety to persons or prop
- Count 2: DUI-unlaw bld alch: dui damage to property or person of another
- Count 3: DUI-unlaw bld alch: dui damage to property or person of another
- Count 4: Cocaine-traffic: 28 grams less than 150 kg cocaine or mixture
- Count 5: Cocaine-possess: with intent to sell mfg deliv etc schedule ii
- Count 6: Resist officer: obstruct WO violence