SARASOTA (WWSB) - Big news out of Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport where you will have more flight options!
Allegiant Air is adding nine new routes. The new routes is bringing in a bulk of business and customers into the the airport.
Allegiant’s Public Relations Specialist Zach Kramer says travelers can now start booking before the holidays.
“These are all non-stop ultra low cost flights that are going to be twice weekly and year round”, says Kramer.
New routes will go to a list of destinations including:
- Asheville, North Carolina via Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) - beginning Feb. 22, 2019
- Baltimore via Baltimore / Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) - beginning Feb. 22, 2019
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) - beginning April 3, 2019
- Syracuse, New York via Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) - beginning April 3, 2019
- Cleveland via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) - beginning April 4, 2019
- Columbus, Ohio via Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK) - beginning April 4, 2019
- Richmond, Virginia via Richmond International Airport (RIC) - beginning April 4, 2019
- Grand Rapids, Michigan via Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) - beginning April 5, 2019
- Nashville, Tennessee via Nashville International Airport (BNA) - beginning April 5, 2019
The additional new routes will draw nearly 160,000 new travelers to SRQ Airport, causing a big economic boost and a few million dollars being poured into the airport.
“We’re expecting tens of thousands of new travelers into the area. Really we’ve seen the demand for these flights. Sarasota Bradenton is a beautiful area , so many people want to come here to experience everything it has to offer”, says Kramer.
Over the last 12 months non- stop flights have more than doubled.
The airports’s President and CEO, Rick Piccolo, says a few months ago there were only 17 non-stop routes and now they’ll be 26 with the addition of new routes.
One way fares on new routes will start as low as $45.