Tuesday night’s Supervisor of Elections race in Sarasota County put two local candidates with huge name recognition against each other: Kathy Dent, a 12 year incumbent; against current county commissioner Jon Thaxton, who also has 12 years in the political spotlight.
- Tim Tebow has his best week in minors with 6 hits
- Wall Street-Heavily Traded
- Official: 3-year-old died after car window closed on neck
- Update on the latest in sports:
- Strip club worker dies after accidentally being shot
- Pretrial hearing for Bengals' 'Pacman' Jones moved to May 16
- NY troopers help woman give birth in vehicle on Thruway
- AP-NYSE Transactions
- US stocks open sharply higher ... Justices turn away GM appeal over ignition switches ... Qatar Airways sees 'manageable' decline in flights to US
- AP-NASD Transactions
- How cute! Quadruplets safely delivered at Sarasota Memorial Hospital (photos)
- Loud sex noises interrupt Sarasota Open match Tuesday
- Deputies: 7 recent overdose calls came from Sarasota woman's 'drug flop house'
- Body of Florida college student found behind restaurant
- Sex offender convicted of rape moves to Sarasota County
- Erin Moran, Joanie Cunningham in "Happy Days," found dead
- Bradenton bank robber located, taken to hospital for suspected drug overdose
- Sex offender convicted of child porn moves to Sarasota Co.
- Accident blocks left lane on I-75 northbound
- 'White Lives Matter' flyers found in Bradenton neighborhood