- 4 eggplants, sliced on mandolin
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and drain in colander to remove moisture
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 jar Michaels from Brooklyn sauce or fresh homemade sauce
- 1 8 ounce container fresh ricotta ( not reduced fat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 TBSP sundries tomatoes, drained from oil
- Garlic salt
- Fresh sliced mozzarella
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan , saving a few lunches for garnish
- 1 egg beaten
- Olive oil
- Mix Parmesan with ricotta and garlic salt. Add fresh picked basil and beaten egg.
Preheat oven to 350
Place drained eggplant on cookie sheet and bake until tender and slightly brown, about 10 minutes
Remove from oven and place eggplant on cutting board or counter.
Take a Tablespoon or 2 of ricotta mixture and place on top of a piece of sliced eggplant. Roll and repeat until all mixture is used.
Spray a baking sheet with food spray and pour bottom with fresh sauce. Add layer of eggplant stuffed with cheese mixture.
Top with a spoon of sauce on each rollatini and sliced fresh mozzarella
Bake at 350 until cheese melts
In a separate bowl mix arugula with lemon juice, lemon zest and a sprinkle of EVOO.
One 8 ounce pack fresh organic arugula
Zest of one lemon
Juice of two lemons
Place 2 rollatinis on plate and top with arugula salad. Garnish with fresh basil and shredded Parmesan.