WR Hartline reaches deal to remain with Dolphins

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, March 8, 2013 10:00 am | Updated: 9:54 am, Mon Apr 28, 2014.

MIAMI (AP) - Brian Hartline's agent says the veteran receiver has agreed to terms on a five-year deal for nearly $31 million to remain with the Miami Dolphins.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus says Friday the contact includes $12.5 million guaranteed. Hartline would have become an unrestricted free agent Tuesday but wanted to remain with the team that drafted him in 2009.

Hartline led Miami last year with 74 receptions for 1,083 yards, both career highs, but caught only one touchdown pass. Hartline has 183 career receptions and six scores.

Landing a top receiver for quarterback Ryan Tannehill remains the Dolphins' No. 1 offseason priority. Their wideouts combined for only three touchdown catches in 2012.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.

Right Now

weather

Today

weather
72°
Details

Tomorrow

weather
77°
Details

Today

weather
79°
Details

Today

weather
77°
Details

SUBMIT PHOTOS & VIDEOS | VIEW ALL PHOTOS & VIDEOS

Send your photos & videos to Pix@MySuncoast.com and you could be featured on ABC 7 & our website.