The new logo was first spotted on a shirt released early at an unidentified Walmart store. That photo, and other photos of the new logo, have been spreading quickly on social media.
There are several noticeable differences between the two logos. "Florida State" in the feather headband in the old logo has been replaced in the new logo with a "FSU". The positioning of the head and mouth have also been changed, with teeth more visible in the new logo.
The bigest change to the logo seems to be the fans. Social media has not been kind to the new logo. Here is a list of the 7 memes that were created to show how the fans truly feel about the new logo.
1. Tradition Matters: Using the Twitter name @KeepThisChief, this account already has over 500 followers as of Thursday afternoon.
2. Gesundheit: @OurTwobits thinks that the new logo is allergic to gators, (WARNING: This account is run by Gator Fans)
3. Not to be outdone,@ZachStayTweetin tweeted, "In response to FSU's recent logo change the University of Florida also releases it's new logo."
4. Boycott: @Tomahawkin365 is hoping that the fans outrage for the new logo will hit FSU's pocket book.
5 Who is this red head?
6. Hunk of burning, horrible logo: This one has been re-tweeted many times so it looks like many people think that the new FSU logo looks like elvis.
7. This one is also making the rounds and it needs no explanation.
Do you have a great meme for the FSU Logo. Tweet it to @abc27 or email it to email@example.com