As featured on
Keeping students safe was the top priority as the new school year began Monday morning.
On August 24th-26th, the City of Bradenton Fire Department will help welcome students back to school while reminding drivers on busy thoroughfares to once again be mindful of pedestrians and school zones.
As 55 million children across the country begin heading back to school, AAA urges motorists to slow down and stay alert in neighborhoods and school zones, and to be especially vigilant for pedestrians during before- and after-school hours.
- FLP to close Fruitville Road to reconnect power
- Update: Coast Guard reports they saw a flare, found birth certificates and phones
- Sarasota motorcyclist killed in crash on Bee Ridge Road
- Update: Coast Guard locates second body in search for missing family
- I-75 northbound lanes open; driver impaled by guardrail dies
- Breaking News: Possible explosive devices in Port Charlotte storage facility
- Sarasota flag-carrying marathon runner charged with 15 counts of child porn
- Sarasota sends off 200 national guardsman on deployment
- Video: Mysterious image shows up on nanny cam
- Update: 1st body found by Coast Guard belongs to teen daughter, 2nd body not identified