“ABC 7 CELEBRATES SUNCOAST MOMS ALL MONTH IN MAY” CONTEST
APRIL 25, 2013- MAY 21, 2013
- General. By participating in this contest, sponsored by WWSB-TV/ABC 7 (“The Station"), the participant and entrant acknowledge and agree to all of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Contest begins at 5:00PM on APRIL 25, 2013 and ends at 11:59PM on MAY 21, 2013. All times in this contest refer to Eastern Standard Time. By entering the contest, participants and entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of The Station, whose decision is binding and final in its sole judgment and discretion. The Station reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this contest and award the prize from among entries received prior to the date of the withdrawal. The Station also reserves the right to amend these contest rules, including retroactive amendment, at any time. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this contest.
- Eligibility. A mother who is nominated is defined as the “Entrant”, while the person submitting the nomination is defined as the “Participant”. It is acceptable for the Participant to also be the Entrant. All Entrants must reside in The Station’s Designated Market Area (DMA) as defined by Nielsen. Those counties include: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, Desoto, Hardee, Citrus, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sumter. Participants do not have to reside in The Station’s Designated Market Area unless the Participant is also the Entrant. All Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of April 25, 2013. Employees of The Station, contest sponsors (Ritz Carlton, Beneva Flowers and Legendary Journeys), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies or agencies, officers, directors, agents and members of their immediate families and household are not eligible.
To claim prize, each Daily Winner must present a valid Photo ID at WWSB-TV in Sarasota. Failure to provide proper identification constitutes forfeiture of prize.
- How To Enter. To enter, viewers must watch ABC 7 News weeknights between 5:00-6:30pm April 25, 2013 through May 21, 2013 for the “Word of the Day”. Viewers must then visit MySuncoast.com and enter that day’s correct word by 11:59PM that night to be eligible for the daily prize. As part of the entry/registration process, the Participant must enter his/her first and last name, address, phone number and email address. In addition, the Participant must also submit the Mother’s (Entrant’s) name, area of residence and photo. Participants must comply with all copyright laws and obtain the Entrant’s approval/permission prior to making the submission. Photos submitted must be the property of the Participant, and Participant agrees that The Station may thereafter use the name, address, likeness or photograph in any advertising or broadcasting material without additional compensation or approval from the Participant. There is no limit on how many times a Participant can enter. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
On each of the 19 days of the contest, the Daily Winner will be selected by random drawing from all correct entries received each day. No person may repeat as a Daily Winner in the contest.
At the conclusion of the contest, 7 finalists will be selected by random drawing from all correct entries received during the contest period (including those of the daily winners). The 7 finalists will participate in a live drawing on ABC 7 News between 5:00-6:30pm on May 23, 2012, with one finalist winning the Grand Prize.
- PRIZES. There will be 19 Daily Prizes and 1 Grand Prize. The daily prize will include a spa package for The Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota and a bouquet from Beneva Flowers. The Grand Prize will be an Alaskan Cruise for two from Legendary Journeys and include $1000 for transportation to the departure city.
Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, and restrictions may apply to prizes. The Station makes no warranties with regard to the prizes. Transfer of any prize is prohibited. All taxes and other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Station reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Each winner must be approved by The Station, in its sole judgment and discretion, and complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner selected. If any sponsor withdraws support for the contest, The Station is not responsible for continuing the contest.
With respect to the Grand Prize, the winner accepts all blackout dates, space availability requirements and other restrictions placed by the sponsor. In the event that any trip requires travel outside the United States, the winner, upon claiming the prize, must execute a travel release and must have a valid U.S. passport or the trip may be forfeited.
- Notification of Winners. Winners will be notified by telephone or email at the phone number or email address provided by the Participants. Winners will be required to sign and return to the Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability release. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
- Disclaimer. The Participants and Entrants of all winning entries assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases The Station, contest sponsors, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies or agencies, officers, directors, agents and employees, from any such liability. The Station, contest sponsors, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies or agencies, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner's name and city of residence will be posted online and mailed to those who request it.
- Internet. If the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The Station which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the contest, The Station reserves its right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. The Station, contest sponsors, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies or agencies, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries: (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by The Station on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the Participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest.
- By entering this contest, you agree to the use of your personal information as described at:
- By entering this contest, you agree to the use of your personal information as described on our contest page: