(NAPSI)—With a flood of real estate listings on the market, sellers continuously search for ways to stand out.
The process is called staging. Done correctly, it can make a house look bigger, brighter, cleaner, warmer and make homebuyers want to buy it.
To help, here are some tips:
• Curb Appeal: The exterior of the house is the first thing potential buyers see; make sure it’s bright, clean and inviting.
• Clean: Clean from top to bottom, getting rid of clutter and organizing the space. Don’t forget the ceilings and fans.
• Brighten Up: Do what you can to help buyers envision living in the space. Make sure windows are streak free. Hide personal pictures. Instead, decorate with fresh flowers.
• Living Space: Choose neutral tones for the walls and furniture. Slipcovers are an inexpensive way to spruce up old furniture. Add pillows for pops of color.
• Dining Area: Set your dining room or kitchen table. Use brightly colored plates and napkins.
• Master Bedroom: You can make the space appear larger by limiting furniture to essentials; a bed and dresser will do.
Working closely with a licensed real estate agent can often help sellers achieve the best results. For more staging and DIY tips, visit www.Homes.com's Idea Gallery.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)