(NAPSI)—Taking care when it comes to exposure to sunlight can help protect you from the most common cancer in the U.S.A. Skin cancer, scientists say, is due to ultraviolet photo damage caused by the sun’s harmful rays. So too much sunlight can spell trouble for your skin.
According to the World Health Organization, one in every three cancers diagnosed is a skin cancer and, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation’s statistics, one in every five Americans will develop skin cancer. The best defense: keeping your skin protected 365 days a year.
Consider these key sun protection skin care tips:
• For the face, use one teaspoon of sun protection product.
• For the body, use one shot glass−sized quantity of sun protection product.
• Be sure to reapply every two hours, especially after a swim or workout.
• Remember, UV radiation can go through clothing, windshields, windows, even clouds. Wear SPF as part of a daily daylight defense regimen to help prevent skin cancer, premature aging and photo damage.
• Keep up to date on FDA regulations regarding skin care, which have recently changed.
• Use a trusted skin care line to protect you against the sun, even when you least expect it. To that end, Dermalogica, the No. 1 professional skin care brand, developed a signature UV Smart Booster Technology for its sun protection line, a customized microcapsule that safeguards active vitamins and then bursts open upon contact with UV rays, releasing an active ingredient complex of vitamin C and vitamin E for maximum free radical protection.
This advanced technology provides skin with multiple benefits, including free radical defense and advanced protection against UV damage without the need for higher concentrations of potentially irritating sunscreen ingredients found in products with high SPF.
For even more effective protection from risky UV damage, Dermalogica has also introduced Oleosome Technology in two of its products, Solar Defense Booster SPF30 and Oil Free Matte SPF30. The technology, which provides greater stability than the previous generation of emulsifiers, uses naturally occurring tiny spheres of emollient oils and vitamin E found in Safflower seeds. These unique molecules can deliver active ingredients such as sunscreens directly to the skin surface, and release them over time to ensure maximum skin benefits. These qualities are especially relevant with chemical sunscreens because they allow the products to achieve a high SPF rating while using fewer sunscreen agents, lessening the chance of sensitivity and providing an elegant feel and wearability. The new Solar Defense Booster SPF30 and Oil Free Matte SPF30, with Oleosome Technology, can deliver much more UV protection without unwanted oiliness and chalkiness.
For more on sun protection, visit www.dermalogica.comor call (310) 900-4000.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate (NAPSI)