(NAPSI)—This season is the time to gather friends and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. For any special occasion, you don’t have to compromise quality and brandname entertaining essentials in order to host the ultimate soiree. In fact, savvy shoppers can find a range of current-season selections at unbelievable prices with these helpful tips on preparing your home and yourself for a stylish and special party.
• Outdoor Living: Entertaining in the backyard is a great way to extend your living space. An easy way to give your patio a refreshed look is with new outdoor cushions and accent pillows in the season’s hottest hues, like spa blues and greens. Decor is just as important as the comfort of your guests, so if you need added seating, opt for a simple and sleek option, like folding director’s chairs. Patio umbrellas or tents provide shade for party guests during the day and hanging lanterns with scent-free candles illuminate the area at night. Spruce up the table with mix-and-match dishware and napkins in colorful prints. Or for simple pops of color, add vibrant vases for centerpiece arrangements.
• Food and Beverage: Serve dishes that are easy to prepare in advance in order to maximize time with your guests. Look for serving bowls with dividers to limit refills and stock up on fun bar accessories, including cocktail glasses, shakers and drink mixers for up to 60 percent off department store prices at T.J.Maxx. Get your grill ready with barbecue tools and choose food suitable for outdoor dining, like salads, grilled kebabs and noodle dishes. You don’t want to leave your guests hungry, so pick up a selection of gourmet foods and beverages, from gluten-free baking products to barbecue seasonings to great snacks like popcorn and pretzels, all available at Marshalls.
• Fashion: As the hostess, you want to be fashionable yet functional. This summer, style calls for plenty of eye-catching color. Try breezy maxi dresses from Marshalls or pastel denim with a printed top from T.J.Maxx. Consider statement jewelry in captivating corals and sea-inspired turquoise, and wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off, like espadrilles or metallic flat sandals.
• Pool Party Accessories: Make a splash with children by supplying fun pool accessories, like floats and water games. For the kids at heart, dive into the latest trend of retro-inspired bathing suits or even mix and match your bikini for a reinvigorated, colorblocked look. Men can find designer sunglasses and brand-name swim trunks for a complete poolside look.
• Hostess Gifts: If you’re a guest at the party, don’t show up empty-handed. Pick up a unique little something for less to say thanks, such as an iPod docking station, BBQ set or fancy apron.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)