(ARA) - It's a fact: life is pretty hectic these days. However, no matter how busy parents are, making sure their family is spending fun, quality time together is always No. 1 on their to-do list. To help parents with some new ideas for family time, Totino's offers these five fun, and affordable, suggestions:
* Picnic near the playground. Rather than eating a meal indoors, and then heading out to play afterward, why not make it one big family activity? Grab a blanket, pack up some goodies and head to your family's favorite playground for a picnic meal and some playtime. The kids will be extra excited to eat outside, and after, the whole family can play together.
* Family video game night. Put a new spin on the traditional family game night with family video game night. These days, video games have something for everyone - from music, to cooking, to sports - and can make for a lively night. Most games have multiplayer options, but you can also team up or share controllers.
* Pizza and a movie night. While this may have been your date night go-to before the kids came along, it's now a fun filled evening the whole family can enjoy! To help with your family's pizza and a movie night, Totino's and Redbox are currently offering a great deal - purchase either one Party Pizza or two 40-count bags of Pizza Roll snacks, and receive a coupon for one free one-night DVD rental from Redbox. More information can be found at www.Totinos.com.
* Just dance! Dance parties are a great way to have fun with the kids and exercise at the same time! Just pop in some of your family's favorite tunes … and boogie. It's even fun to play games like freeze dance, musical chairs and even do a little karaoke.
* Family cook-off. Is your family fascinated with cooking shows where contestants try to outdo each other in the kitchen? Adapt some of the ground rules from the shows you like and have your own friendly competition at home - maybe have each member put together a dish and enjoy them all as a meal. Have the family judge each dish and let the winner out of clean-up duty for the night.