PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a construction worker was shocked while digging near an electrical line in South Florida.
Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue reports that the 50-year-old man cut the line Thursday afternoon. He was taken to a West Palm Beach hospital in stable condition.
The Palm Beach Post reports that the incident knocked out power for more than 1,300 customers. Florida Power & Light says crews were working to restore power.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)