As featured on
MIAMI (AP) — Local immigrant advocates and officials say Florida could play a key role in ha…
U.S. Customs and Border Protection statistics show nearly 5,000 unaccompanied immigrant children were caught illegally crossing the U.S.-Mexico border in October, almost double the number from October 2014.
A top health official has voiced concern that too little money is available to house the unexpectedly high numbers of unaccompanied children crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Strong to severe storms Sunday afternoon through evening
- Civil Rights film debuts in Sarasota
- Saying goodbye to a beloved pet
- Earth Fare Supermarket to anchor new development in Lakewood Ranch
- Dream 18: Plantation Golf and Country Club, No. 118
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ premiere canceled after animal treatment questions arise
- Venice teacher charged with sexual battery on his female student
- Southside Elementary teacher lets students watch Presidential Inauguration
- Trump's inaugural address: 'From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land'
- Happy Penguin Awareness Day 2017
- Lakewood Ranch chiropractor dies in 3-car accident on SR70 when hit from behind
- Traffic alert: All eastbound lanes blocked on State Road 70 in Manatee Co.
- UPDATE: Two arrests made in connection with Bradenton homicide
- Update: Missing 16-year-old Bradenton boy found
- Video: Girlfriend's Birthday Tour in Rented Ferrari Ends in Disaster
- Grandma on meth charged in bathtub drowning of North Port infant
- Ringling Bros. circus to close after 146 years
- Deputies: Florida man confessed to killing ex-college prof
- One person injured in shooting near Sarasota barber shop
- Update: Venice man, 90, killed at entrance of senior center indentified