TALLAHASSEE - The Florida Chamber of Commerce is holding its annual Insurance Summit in Orlando. The highlight of the event is expected to be a keynote speech by Florida Governor Rick Scott
The two day event, is centered around discussions on strategies to fix Florida’s most pressing property, automobile and healthcare insurance issues.
The schedule of events features the head of some of the largest insurance providers in the state and members of congress.
You can access the live stream by clicking here.
Full agenda here.
11:20 a.m.–12:05 p.m.
The Catastrophe Fund: Right Size & Stabilize for the Future
• Lorilee Medders, Florida Catastrophic Storm Risk Management Center (moderator)
• Jack Nicholson, Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund
• Bradley L. Kading, Association of Bermuda Insurers & Reinsurers
2 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
• Barry Gilway, Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
3:30 p.m.–4:15 p.m.
Flood Insurance: New Maps, New Challenges, New Solutions
• John Sebree, Florida Realtors (moderator)
• Kiran Chinnayakanahalli, AIR Worldwide
• Bryan Koon, Department of Emergency Management
• Joy Dueprault, Florida Division of Emergency Management
Friday, January 17, 2014
8:30 a.m.–9:15 a.m.
The Politics of Property Insurance
• Beth Vecchioli, Holland & Knight, LLP (moderator)
• Neil Alldredge, National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
• Eleanor Kitzman, Former Texas Insurance Commissioner
• The Honorable Dennis Ross, U.S. House of Representatives
11 a.m.–11:45 a.m.
• David Hart, Florida Chamber of Commerce (moderator)
• The Honorable Alan Hays, Florida Senate
• The Honorable David Simmons, Florida Senate
• The Honorable Bill Hager, Florida House of Representatives
• The Honorable Bryan Nelson, Florida House of Representatives
• The Honorable David Santiago, Florida House of Representatives
• Governor Rick Scott