SARASOTA, Fla. -- Fifteen local convenience store clerks were cited for selling alcohol to a minor during the most recent undercover operation conducted on June 30 and July 1 by the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Juvenile Alcohol Task Force (JATF).
The following businesses were found to be in violation of selling alcohol to a person under 21, and the clerks were given a misdemeanor Notice to Appear:
- Marathon, 6212 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- Citgo, 4529 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Mobil, 4350 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
- BP, 2791 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Mobil, 2308 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Mobil, 8445 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- Murphy USA, 117 South Tamiami Trail, Osprey
- Shell, 1166 South Tamiami Trail, Osprey
- Sam American Pantry, 810 Colonia Lane, Nokomis
- Shell, 4300 South Tamiami Trail, Venice
- Mobil, 2745 Beneva Road, Sarasota
- Marathon, 1135 Beneva Road, Sarasota
- Shell, 5100 Fruitville Road, Sarasota
- Shell, 3440 Siesta Drive, Sarasota
- 7-Eleven, 5232 Ocean Blvd., Sarasota
The clerk at the Osprey Shell, Arthur Kleszczynski of Venice, was arrested, as he had previously been cited for selling alcohol to a minor in the last JATF operation.
The results of this operation are forwarded to the Florida Bureau of Alcohol Beverages and Tobacco, Department of Business & Professional Regulation, which licenses alcohol sales at each establishment.
Another 64 businesses in Sarasota, Osprey, Venice, Nokomis and North Port, were in compliance and will be sent a letter to commend owners and employees for helping to reduce the sale of alcohol to minors.
This is the second JATF operation this year resulting in a combined 22 store clerks being cited for selling alcohol to minors.