SNELLVILLE, GA (WSB/CNN) - Police said a mother who overdosed inside a grocery store bathroom survived thanks to quick thinking by store employees and police.
Jessica Widner was found Tuesday with a needle in her arm on the bathroom floor of a Kroger.
Officials say her 18-month-old son sat near more syringes in a car seat placed in a shopping cart.
Kroger employees heard the baby crying, and that led them to the bathroom.
A pharmacist used one dose of Narcan on the 28-year-old.
An officer gave her a second dose before she was revived.
"Unfortunately, addicts suffer in that situation, and they don't really look for a proper place. They just do at any place at any time." Sgt. Phillip Poole said.
Widner was taken to jail and charged with child cruelty.
Her baby was taken to the hospital and then put in the custody of the state.
Copyright 2017 WSB via CNN. All rights reserved.