LAWRENCEVILLE, GA – A woman finds a nose ring in her daughter’s McDonald's breakfast burrito.
Frances Rosario went to the McDonalds on Clayton road in Lawrenceville to save a buck, but her attempt to save a dollar resulted in a disgusting discovery when Rosario opened up her daughter's breakfast burrito.
"And I turned it and I see this piece of jewelry sticking out...I'm like what the heck is this," says Rosario.
That piece of jewelry appears to be someone's missing nose ring which was just a few bites away from consumption by Rosario's 4-year-old daughter Nevaeh. “My concern was if something happened, if she had swallowed it."
Also concerning to this mother is how she claims she was treated when she called back to McDonald's twice to complain. "The supervisor gets on the phone and says 'Well, I don't know what to tell you.' I said, 'Is there a district manager I can get in contact with? And she turns around and she says, 'Well, it's none of your business.'"
But Rosario didn't stop there. She called McDonald's corporate headquarters in Illinois for answers. "That's just unsanitary that's not something you would serve your customers."
Rosario remains frustrated by what she sees as a lack of care and concern from McDonald's as a whole. “This is the first time I've ever had an experience like this with a McDonald's and for them not to return my calls is kinda like not the right thing...I'm going to stay back from McDonald's for a little bit."
The owner of the McDonald's in question released a statement, it reads:
"Food safety and quality at my restaurant is a top priority. We take these matters seriously and thoroughly investigate all claims to gather the facts. We are still in the process of gathering the facts, and until our investigation is complete, we strongly caution anyone from jumping to conclusions. Rest assured, my restaurant staff and I work hard to provide a safe environment for our employees and customers, especially our youngest guests."