(RNN) - The company First Source is voluntarily recalling several of its dark chocolate products because they contain milk, which is not listed as an ingredient. People with milk allergies or sensitivities to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening reactions if they consume products containing milk.
The Tonwanda, NY-based company is recalling packaged goods as well as products sold in grocery store bulk bins.
The company distributed these products to Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Vermont.
The affected product was sold from Jan. 1, 2016 to the present. The company said the recall is a precaution, as no illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported to date.
The recalled retail packaged items: with all "best before" dates, are:
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds, 23 ounce tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds, 11.5 ounce tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar, 12 ounce tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Cherry-Infused Cranberries, 12 ounce tub
- Wegmans Dark Chocolate Strawberries, 13.5-ounce tub
- Alpine Valley Dark Chocolate Almonds, 11.5 ounce tub
- Circle K Favorites Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds, 3.25 ounce bag
- Tops Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds, 11.5 ounce tub
- Tops Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans, 12 ounce tub
- 7 Select Dark Chocolate Turbinado Almonds with Sea Salt, 2.25 ounce bag.
For more details, see the FDA alert.
Copyright 2017 Raycom News Network. All rights reserved,