Yesterday's joint session of the city and county commissions ended in a stalemate, with officials agreeing to disagree on possible shelter sites. In the end, the group decided to keep looking for a better spot and meet again in late August.
As featured on
- German court orders trial over 2010 Love Parade deaths
- Israel indicts hacker linked to threats on US Jewish centers
- Lockerbie bomber's family launches new bid to clear his name
- Siren wails as Israel marks annual Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Mississippi State catcher arrested for DUI over the weekend
- 3 African countries chosen to test 1st malaria vaccine
- The Nation's Weather
- Family: Iran rejects detained British-Iranian woman's appeal
- Militants ambush convoy with off-duty Iraq soldiers, kill 10
- German business confidence up in April, beats forecasts
- How cute! Quadruplets safely delivered at Sarasota Memorial Hospital (photos)
- Loud sex noises interrupt Sarasota Open match Tuesday
- Deputies: 7 recent overdose calls came from Sarasota woman's 'drug flop house'
- Body of Florida college student found behind restaurant
- Sex offender convicted of rape moves to Sarasota County
- Erin Moran, Joanie Cunningham in "Happy Days," found dead
- Bradenton bank robber located, taken to hospital for suspected drug overdose
- Sex offender convicted of child porn moves to Sarasota Co.
- Accident blocks left lane on I-75 northbound
- Englewood man sentenced to over 21 years in federal prison