As featured on
SARASOTA - A proposed Wal-Mart Supercenter in the city of Sarasota has a passed another hurdle.
Federal labor officials say they haven't decided whether to support a request by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to stop a union-backed group from encouraging worker walk-outs that are expected to culminate Friday.
Wal-Mart workers and supporters are protesting at a number of stores nationwide, blasting the wages, benefits and treatment of employees of the world's largest retailer.
- West Palm Beach repairman faces charges for in-home assault
- The Latest: Rep. Fudge confirms she's new convention chair
- Prince William says George got too many birthday gifts
- Siegemund clinches 1st WTA title with Swedish Open
- 'Star Trek Beyond' soars with $59M at weekend box office
- Australia team won't move into 'unfinished' Athletes Village
- The Latest: World tennis body expects Russia's team in Rio
- Serena Williams out of Rogers Cup with inflamed shoulder
- Chicago Cubs activate veteran reliever Joe Nathan
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Cash 3 Midday' game
- Man who stabbed Publix employee was 'furious' over other job incident
- Rifles, pistols, meth, drugs found after SWAT raid on Venice home
- 2 toddlers found outside Sarasota 7-11 at midnight
- No-swim advisory issued for Nokomis Beach
- Mother says missing endangered son last seen in Sarasota
- Florida woman finds man's remains in thrift store dresser
- Rash of Suncoast car burglaries increases by another 3
- 26-yeard-old with "C.R.E.A.M." neck tattoo wanted for armed robbery
- The one item Chick-Fil-A won't be returning to the menu
- Traffic Alert: Hazmat required after dump truck spill on Jacaranda in Venice