As featured on
SARASOTA - A proposed Wal-Mart Supercenter in the city of Sarasota has a passed another hurdle.
Federal labor officials say they haven't decided whether to support a request by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to stop a union-backed group from encouraging worker walk-outs that are expected to culminate Friday.
Wal-Mart workers and supporters are protesting at a number of stores nationwide, blasting the wages, benefits and treatment of employees of the world's largest retailer.
- Murray withdraws from another exhibition with sore hip
- Police: Man broke into woman's bedroom, asked to stay night
- US-based watchdog decries Pakistani journalist's arrest
- Florida zoo staff hand-raises abandoned baby kangaroo
- 20,000 children in Somalia risk starvation, aid group says
- Rob Lowe says he feared death during bigfoot-like encounter
- Walgreens ends yearslong attempt to buy Rite Aid
- Russia to extend Western food ban for further 18 months
- 2 arrested in Maryland after $21,000 in alcohol goes missing
- Grandmother: Wounded girl 'a miracle' since deadly shooting
- Rollover crash causes major backup on I-75 northbound in Sarasota Co.
- Armed robbery at RaceTrac gas station in Sarasota Co.
- Total awards offered increased by $5k for info on beaten tortoises in LWR
- 'No Swim' advisory issued for 2 locations in Venice
- 12-foot pilot whale washes ashore at Point of Rocks Beach
- Car flips twice, becomes engulfed in flames after head-on crash on US 301
- 75-year-old bicyclist hit by car on Washington Boulevard in Sarasota
- Passenger in SUV shot multiple times at another car in Sarasota
- Police recover body off of Holmes Beach
- Police search for Publix shoplifters in Sarasota Co.