SARASOTA, Fla. -- Six men have been arrested on drug charges after police held an undercover operation targeting the sale and possession of designer drugs.
The operation was held Friday by the Sarasota Police Department Narcotics Unit in the southwest parking lot for Sarasota City Hall in the 1500 block of 1st Street.
- 28-year-old Ryan Jarecki; charged with Possession of a Designer Drug
- 50-year-old Donald Gould; charged with Possession of a Designer Drug
- 44-year-old John Whitney; charged with Possession of a Legend Drug, Trespass After Warning
- 24-year-old James Valentin; charged with Sale of a Designer Drug, Possession of Drug Praphernalia
- 30-year-old Anthony DiLorenzo; charged with Possession of a Designer Drug
- 44-year-old Jack Cook; charged with Possession of a Designer Drug
Five of the men are listed as transients or as residents of Resurrection House resource center.
Police say designer drugs are not safe alternatives to illicit drugs, and can cause serious harm and even death. "These are very dangerous substances and not manufactured for human consumption. Who knows where this stuff is made? It could be made in someone’s garage or bathroom,” says Lt. Pat Ledwith of the Criminal Investigation Division with SPD.