SARASOTA COUNTY - Eleven local convenience store clerks were cited for selling alcohol to minors during an undercover operation.
It was conducted by the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Juvenile Alcohol Task Force on March 11th and March 29th.
The following businesses were found to be in violation of selling alcohol to a person under 21 and the clerks were given a misdemeanor Notice to Appear citation:
1. Save-on 2522 Stickney Point Rd., Sarasota
2. 7-11 3156 Clark Rd., Sarasota
3. 7-11 4400 Clark Rd., Sarasota
4. RaceTrac 5600 Fruitville Rd., Sarasota
5. 7-11 3090 Bee Ridge Rd., Sarasota
6. G&S Discount Beverage 2316 Gulf Gate Dr., Sarasota
7. Stop ‘N Shop 4201 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
8. Sunoco 4131 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
9. Mobil 7-11 1698 S. Tamiami Trail, Venice
10. Hess 350 Commercial Ct., Venice
11. Mobil Circle K 1050 Bobcat Trail, North Port
Another 64 businesses were found to be in compliance and were sent a letter to commend owners and employees for helping reduce the sale of alcohol to minors.