SARASOTA, Fla. - The 16th Annual ‘Thunder by the Bay’ Motorcycle Festival is under way in downtown Sarasota, and road clusures in the area will affect traffic this weekend.
The festival runs through Sunday, and the Sarasota Police Department will be working to block roads for the festival.
The following roads closures will be in effect on Saturday, January 11th and Sunday, January 12th:
Street closure (for stage set up only) at 12:01 a.m. at Main Street and Gulf Stream Avenue on Saturday. (Closure will be from west side of Gulf Stream Avenue to U.S. 41)
All other street closures will begin at 6 a.m. on Saturday and will reopen late Sunday evening due to the tear down and cleaning process.
• Central Avenue from First Street to Main Street
• First Street from Central Avenue to North Pineapple Avenue
• West side of Gulfstream Avenue (from Main Street to Banana Place, Main Street to Entrance of Parking Garage)
• Main Street (West of the 5 Points Traffic Circle all the way to Bayfront Drive, East of the 5 Points Traffic Circle all the way to Lemon Avenue. **After Farmers Market closes beginning at 2 p.m. extended closure on Main Street to Orange Avenue**
• Lemon Avenue from First Street to the Alleyway behind the Gator Club. Closure would not begin until after Farmers Market closes beginning at 2 p.m.
• Palm Avenue (North Palm between Main Street and alley way behind former site of Sports Page) – This closure begins at 6 a.m. (South Palm between Main Street and North side of alley way on South Palm Avenue) – This closure begins at 6 a.m.
• South Palm Avenue between the south side of the alley way to McAnsh Square. This closure begins at 6 a.m. ** Pedestrian Traffic only until 4 p.m. then it will be closed for motorcycle parking only