top story

Restaurant fire called accidental, $200,000 in damages

  • 0

MANATEE Co., Fla. (WWSB) -- The fire that broke out at a mexican restaurant in Palmetto last week is being called an accident. 

La Rancherita, of 8th Avenue West, caught on fire causing $200,000 worth of damage. 

According to the Bureau of Fire and Arson, the fire was caused by a malfunction in the heating and air condition unit in the ceiling over the kitchen. 

Six employees did escape the blaze with no injuries.

There is no update on when repairs will begin.