Port Charlotte Town Center Mall evacuated due to gas leak

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:52 am | Updated: 11:41 am, Tue Oct 22, 2013.

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. -  Charlotte County Fire rescue was called to the Charlotte Town Center Mall Tuesday morning around 7:30a.m. after a strong smell of gas was detected.

Upon arriving at the mall, crews evacuated the building and determined a gas leak started in the Food Court area.  Crews are trying to narrow down the exact location.

No one was hurt, and the mall is back open after the leak was found and fixed.

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.

Right Now

weather

Today

weather
73°
Details

Tomorrow

weather
75°
Details

Today

weather
75°
Details

Today

weather
74°
Details

SUBMIT PHOTOS & VIDEOS | VIEW ALL PHOTOS & VIDEOS

Send your photos & videos to Pix@MySuncoast.com and you could be featured on ABC 7 & our website.