FLORIDA (WWSB) - Are you looking for something to eat? How about gas or other supplies?
It can be hard to find open businesses after a hurricane wallops your town.
Luckily, ABC7 is regularly updating this list of businesses that are opened on the Suncoast.
OPENINGS AND CLOSURES
The following establishments are open for business:
- Keiser University, Sarasota Campus will reopen on Wednesday
- Everglades University, Sarasota Campus at Lakewood Ranch will reopen on Wednesday
- Manatee Memorial Hospital will reopen at 7 p.m.
- Sunoco U.S. 41 at 10th Street
- Citgo on 10th Street and Highway 301
- Mobil on Highway 41 on MLK
- Shell at University Parkway and Lockwood Ridge
- Shell at Highway 41 and Hollywood
- Sarasota Joe's Kitchen, 4015 North Lockwood Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Prime, 8201 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
- Boca Kitchen Bar & Market, 19 South Lemon Avenue, Sarasota
- Dino's Pizza 4290 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota
- Nick's Bar 4459 Bee Ridge Road, Sarasota, will open at 7 p.m.
- Libby's Cafe & Bar, 1917 South Osprey Avenue, Sarasota
- The Italian Grilll at 8620 S. Tamiami, Sarasota
- Taco Bell on State Road 70, Bradenton
- Tandoor Indian Cuisine, 8483 Cooper Creek Blvd., Bradenton
- Brick's Smoked Meats, 1528 State Street, Sarasota
- Patrick's 1481, 1481 Main Street, Sarasota
- Half Shell Seafood House, 5321 University Parkway, Sarasota
- Solorzanos Late Night Pizzeria, 6670 Superior Avenue, Sarasota
- 3 Keys Brewing and Eatery, 2505 Manatee Avenue, East Bradenton
- Basil's on Highway 301, Bradenton
- Basil's Chicken on McIntosh and Bee Ridge, Sarasota
- The Original Egg on Clark Road in Sarasota will open tomorrow from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Publix on Clark and Beneva
- Publix at the Landings
- Publix at Highway 41 and Stickney
- Publix at Highway 41 in Palmer Ranch
- Publix at 400 Merchants Crossing in Englewood
- 7-Eleven on South Lime Avenue
- 7-Eleven on Bee Ridge and Murdock
- Venice Airport
- Sarasota-Bradenton Int. Airport - JetBlue and American to resume service on Wednesday
The following offices and establishments are closed:
- SunCoast Blood Bank will be closed on Tuesday and will reopen on Wednesday.
- Manatee County Schools will be closed on Monday and Tuesday. All Catholic schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- USF Sarasota-Manatee has canceled classes and activities through Monday.
- Sarasota County has postponed the County Commission initial budget meeting scheduled for Sept. 11 at 5:30 p.m.
- All campuses at State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) will be closed Sept. 7 - 11 and all activities including sports and music and theatre productions are also canceled.
- USF Sarasota-Manatee is canceling its upcoming “What now, Cuba?” seminar in response to Hurricane Irma. The seminar was scheduled to run Monday, Sept. 11.
- The Florida Highway Patrol Open House on Wednesday at the FHP Bradenton Office, 5023 53rd Avenue East, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm has been cancelled.
- Palmetto Historical Park and Agricultural Museum will be closed Sept. 7-12. Plans are to re-open on Wednesday, September 13th. For more information, call 721-2034.
- The Snooty Memorial Open House will be moved to Sunday, September 24th from noon to 5 p.m. at the South Florida Museum.
- Manatee County Area Transit services will be suspended Friday, September 8. This includes fixed-route buses, the Anna Maria trolley and the Longboat Key shuttle.
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) classes have been canceled Monday, Sept. 11, and are scheduled to resume Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- Robinson Preserve is closed.
For questions about Hurricane Irma and Manatee County Government preparations, call 941-747-HELP. For emergencies only, call 9-1-1.
- The South Jetty in Venice reopened on Wednesday Sept. 13
- All Intercoastal Medical Group offices will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12
- US Renal Care Sarasota will open with normal business hours on Tuesday: 1921 Waldamere St., 941-917-6444
Mote Aquarium will be closed Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Sarasota County Schools will be closed through Tuesday.
- Cardinal Mooney is closed through Tuesday.
- New College is canceling classes on Monday. For more information visit http://ncf.edu/alerts .
- SMH will make decisions about UCC hours for Monday based on the weather forecast.Outpatient lab, radiology and rehab services at all SMH outpatient centers will be closed Monday, as will First Physician Group offices.SMH is postponing all non-urgent elective surgeries throughout the weekend and on Monday (it is up to the surgeon's discretion to determine what cases are urgent or emergent).Medical Shelter Information
- Keiser University Sarasota Campus will be closed Sept. 8-11.
- Everglades University Sarasota will be closed Sept. 8-11.
- ACT cancellations for Sept. 9: Out-of-Door Academy, Sarasota Military Academy will reschedule. Participants will receive notification for rescheduling date. Other schools are still deciding.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 1301 Center Road, is postponing the Blue Mass of First Responders on Sunday until further notice.
- Siesta Key Chapel will be canceling all worship services this weekend.
- Columbia Restaurant Group closes 9 restaurants until opening again on September 13.
POSTPONED - TONY BENNETT CONCERT. Due to the uncertainty of Hurricane Irma’s impact on Sarasota, the Tony Bennett Concert scheduled for Friday, September 8, 2017 was postponed. A new performance for Mr. Bennett will be announced for 2018. Ticket holders can contact the Box Office at 941.953.3368 or 800.826.9303 to arrange refunds or ticket exchanges.
Call the Sarasota County Government with questions 941-861-5000.
The following roads are closed until the water recedes:
- Olean Boulevard at Kings Highway
- Loveland Boulevard at Suncoast Boulevard
- Elmira Boulevard at Kings Highway
- Westchester Boulevard at Kings Highway
- Westchester Boulevard at Loveland Boulevard
- Foresman Boulevard from David Boulevard to Gillot Boulevard