NORTH PORT, Fla. -- Some people living in a North Port neighborhood say an abandoned, burned home is making them sick.
The house in the 2500 block of Duar Terrace and was damaged by an arson fire back in 2012. Carol Wisdom and her 8-year-old son Michael both died in that blaze.
Since then, the house went into foreclosure and has sat vacant.
According to published reports, neighbors in the area say mold has taken over the house and they have health concerns.
The city has been notified but says it can't do anything until the house is officially deemed abandoned by a court, and that could take years.