SARASOTA COUNTY (WWSB) - A Sarasota man was arrested Thursday after the Sarasota Police Department (SPD) conducted a search warrant of his home and found multiple loaded firearms, money and drugs.
According to SPD, on Oct. 13, their narcotics team executed a search warrant at 1908 29th Street in Sarasota. The search warrant was obtained as a result of an investigation of narcotics sales from the residence.
As a result of the search, 30-year-old Elijiata Williams, who was on house arrest at the time, was arrested.
SPD detectives seized:
- $2,500 in U.S. currency,
- 2 firearms (KalTec 9mm assault rifle and Glock 9mm handgun),
- 221.9 grams of marijuana,
- 26 pills of hydromorphone,
- Trace amount of powder cocaine
There were also numerous loaded, high capacity magazines with the two firearms. Williams has been charged with:
- Possession of marijuana with intention to sell within 1000 feet of a park
- Possession of a controlled substance (Hydromorphone) with intention to distribute within 1000 feet of a park
- Possession of cocaine
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of ammunition by a convicted felon
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Violation of probation (2 counts of possession of a controlled substance)