top story

Laundry dryer starts fire at assisted living facility in Bradenton

  • 0

BRADENTON, FL (WWSB) – The City of Bradenton Fire Department responded to a structure fire started by a dryer early Tuesday morning.

Around 1:27 a.m., the fire department arrived to the scene of a multi-residential assisted living facility in the 1000 block of 7th Avenue E.

Heavy smoke was coming from the north wing and main hallways. Thankfully, a sprinkler head was controlling the dryer fire in the laundry room, according to firefighters.

By 1:37 a.m., the fire was extinguished.

Damage is estimated to be about $6,000 and no injuries were reported.

The Bradenton Fire Department is investigating the incident.