Electrical problems cause house fire in Sarasota

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, April 1, 2013 12:13 pm

SARASOTA – An early morning house fire forces a family to evacuate after seeing smoke billowing out of their utility room.

It happened Monday at the 700 block of Colt Lane in Sarasota just after 5 am.

According to reports, the family heard the fire alarms go off. When they went to investigate they saw smoke coming from the utility room. The family evacuated the house.

Crews arrived on scene and quickly extinguished the blaze.

No one was hurt and fire crews say the fire was contained to one room. They believe it started from electrical problems.

Rules of Conduct

  • 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.

Right Now

weather

Today

weather
76°
Details

Tomorrow

weather
75°
Details

Today

weather
79°
Details

Today

weather
76°
Details

SUBMIT PHOTOS & VIDEOS | VIEW ALL PHOTOS & VIDEOS

Send your photos & videos to Pix@MySuncoast.com and you could be featured on ABC 7 & our website.