SARASOTA, FL (WWSB) – The City of Sarasota will begin debris collection on Monday.
City Officials want residents to know there are no specific scheduled days for debris pick-up so everyone is encouraged to place the material curbside as soon as they can.
Make sure you follow these rules to ensure your debris is collected.
- Place vegetative debris at least 3 to 5 feet away from mailboxes, water meters, street signs, light poles and fire hydrants. This will provide adequate room for heavy machinery to pick up debris.
- Do not place debris in the street or on top of storm drains.
- Do not mix household waste, bulk waste or recyclables with storm debris.
- Do not bag vegetative storm debris or place in a container. Bagged debris will be picked up; however, it may not occur during the first collection cycle.
- All debris must be placed at the curb in the public right-of-way. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to bring the debris to the curb and properly separate it. At this time, debris removal crews will not enter onto private property to collect or remove debris.
For more information please contact Doug Jeffcoat, Public Works Director: 941-365-2200 ext. 6101.