Manatee Co., Fla. (WWSB) – In attempt to expose local criminals, detectives used disguised identities to create fake juvenile accounts to meet with suspected sex offenders.
Suspects were lured to a central location under the impression they were meeting with a juvenile for a sexual encounter, say Manatee County sheriff's deputies. Undercover detectives were awaiting their arrival.
18 people from various counties around the Suncoast were arrested. The operation began on July 27 and ended on August 1. A listing of names and charges can be found below. All subjects have been charged with traveling to solicit, seduce and entice a minor for sex.
- Trevor Allen Mann, 26, of Manatee Co. Mann is also charged with one count of use of a computer to solicit a minor for sex and violation of probation (grand theft).
- Earnset William McCoy, 26, of Manatee Co.
- Sajid Lugo, 27, of Polk Co.
- Derek Hawkins, 26, of Manatee Co.
- Scott Desimpelaere, 41, of Charlotte Co.
- Jorge Caez, 38, of Manatee Co. Caez is also charged with one count of transmission of materials and harmful to minors.
- Beau Watson, 27, of Sarasota Co. Watson is also charged with one count of use of a computer to solicit a minor for sex.
- Anthony Osterloh, 23, of Manatee Co.
- James Cochran, 47, of Sarasota Co. Cochran is also charged with four counts of transmission of materials harmful to minors.
- Stevenson Vassor, 23, of Manatee Co.
- Ronald Humphries, 46, of Manatee Co.
- Jacob Lopez-Hernandez, 28, of Orange Co.
- Anthony Caroccia, 29, or Hillsborough Co.
- Gary Shaw, 54, of Manatee Co. Shaw is also charged with two counts of transmission of materials harmful to minors.
- James Meyer, 34, of Sarasota Co. Meyer is also charged with one count of use of a computer to solicit a minor for sex.
- Juan Alvarez-Hernandez, 26, of Manatee Co.
- Thomas Gottschalk, 59, of Manatee Co.